This section contains important information on points requiring special attention when installing seals. Helpful tips and rules for installing seals successfully are given in the section Installation tips & installation spaces
What do I have to pay attention to before installing a seal element?
* Check the installation spaces. Look out for score marks, etc.
* Keep the installation spaces clean. Rust, paint chips, metal cuttings, dirt, etc.
* No sharp edges. Trim sharp edges
* Avoid scored rod and cylinder treads. Lengthwise scores can lead to massive leakage and even to the failure of the cylinder
* Keep your work area clean!
* Use suitable installation tools Assembly pliers, etc. Pointed and sharp tools destroy your seal!!!
* Assembly cone Mostly for S9 and K8
* Calibrating sleeves Mostly for S9 and K8
* Fitting pane
What do I have to pay attention to while assembling a cylinder?
* If possible, all parts should be lubricated with suitable lubricants. The better the assembly grease, the longer the lifespan of the cylinder.
* Sharp edges are to be avoided.
Avoid sharp edges at lead-in chamfers, Absätzen and at the piston boss.
* The cylinder must be ventilated.